Becoming a Member of the DRA
Who can become a member of the DRA?
Membership of the Defence Reserves Association (DRA) is open to all individuals and organisations with an interest in defence. Many regimental and corps associations and other Defence related organisations are affiliated with the DRA.
Reservists, both currently serving and retired members, are most welcome to join the DRA regardless of their membership of other associations.
The DRA Needs You
Our membership needs ongoing revitalisation. In particular we welcome current serving members of the Australian Defence Reserves. Please think seriously about joining. Your support will be most welcome, and your modest membership contribution helps the Association carry on with its work to represent all Reservists.
How to join or renew your membership?
For membership enquiries contact your DRA State Branch Membership Officer here.
Membership benefits include:
- Representation on a variety of committees related to Defence, such as AVADSC, Defence Reserves Support Council (DRSC), and the Defence Welfare Association
- Development of policies relating to current issues and improving Conditions of Service for Reservists: including – Reserve Service Protection, Superannuation for Reserves, Pay, Welfare Benefits, etc
- The Australian Reservist Journal - published twice yearly
- Regular State distributed newsletter
- Invitations to State Branch Social functions