DRA 2023 National Conference
"What the Defence Strategic Review means for the ADF’s Reserves"
The 2023 DRA National Conference is being held on Saturday 19 August 2023 in the United Service Club Queensland.
The DRA National Conference is a joint services all-ranks Conference that will be addressed by a panel of distinguished speakers including:
• Government and Opposition Defence speakers
• Senior Officers of the Australian Defence Force
• Leading commentators on Defence matters
The conference program will provide opportunities to examine the Defence Strategic Review and its potential ramifications for the ADF Reserves.
The DRA Conference Program can be downloaded here.
Conduct of the Conference:
The Conference will be conducted using a hybrid model involving either attendance in person or by a Webinar for those attending virtually. The Conference will be followed by a joint service, all-ranks Formal Dinner from 7.00pm. Spouses/partners welcome.
The DRA AGM will be held at the same location on Sunday 20 August 2023 from 9.00am to 11.00am.
United Service Club Queensland, 183 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill QLD 2000; close to the centre of Brisbane.
Saturday 19 August 2023 from 8.30am to 5.00pm AEST.
• Conference only is $85 per person (including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea).
• Dinner only is $100 (limited alcohol).
• Conference and Dinner is $185 (limited alcohol).
• Online Conference is $20 (No charge for DRA members). DRA members should contact their State Branch Secretary to obtain the access code to register for the online conference at no charge.
• The presentations will remain accessible at this cost for a limited period.
• To join the Defence Reserves Association visit the DRA membership page or contact your state branch (details on the About Us page).
• For all registrations click this link
• Note that registrations, except online registration, will close at close of business on Thursday 10 August 2023.
• After registering, you will receive a confirmatory email and a Joining Instruction.
• Conference attendees who are DRA members will be able to access presentations from the Conference following the conference.
• United Service Club Queensland is offering Rooms from $230 per night. Reservations can be made by calling them on 07 3831 4433.
• There are also other hotels and apartments nearby: Inchcolm (4 Star, 73 Wickham Terrace) and the Astor Metropole (3 Star, 193-197 Wickham Terrace) are very close to the Club.
Please contact the DRA National Secretary by clicking this link, LTCOL Laureen Grimes