DRA 2022 National Conference
"Calling out the ADF Reserves - the need for balance and future sustainability"
After two years of operating online DRA Victoria is pleased to welcome back our colleagues both local and
interstate at the above venue. Although there will be an online link for those that cannot attend in person,
we want to encourage everyone to join us for both the conference and the dinner that evening.
The conference program provides optimal opportunities to discuss:
• What does ADF Reserve service look like post the enactment of the Defence Legislation Amendment (Enhancement of the Defence Force Response to Emergencies) Act 2020 that replaced ‘continuous full-time Service’ with ‘service for the period(s) covered by the call out order’.
• Are there more Reservists rendering service for domestic contingencies?
• Are we de-skilling or misusing our Reservists to compensate for shortfalls in resources and equipment for State emergency services, and the management of multi-jurisdictional tasks?
• What are the lessons learnt from an ADF Reserves perspective from recent domestic operations?
A copy of the program and timings can be downloaded here.
The National Conference and Webinar will be held on Saturday 3 September 2022 from 8:30am to 5:30pm Australian Central Standard Time (ACST).
For those attending in person - the conference will be held at the Hyatt Place Melbourne - Essendon Fields which is located at 1 English Street, Essendon Fields, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
The conference will be followed by a joint service all ranks formal dinner from 7:00pm.
The cost of the three course Formal Dinner is $85 per person.
Early-bird pricing (for bookings before 14 August)
• Conference $85.00 (includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
• Three course Formal Dinner $80.00 Conference & Dinner $165.00
Post Early-bird pricing (for bookings after 15 August)
• Conference $100.00 (includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
• Three course Formal Dinner $95.00 Conference & Dinner $180.00
Bookings and payment will be online via Eventbrite.
The conference will be addressed by a panel of distinguished speakers:
- Hon Richard Marles MP, Minister for Defence (TBC)
- Hon Andrew Hastie MP, Shadow Minister for Defence
- Mr Neil James, Executive Director, Australia Defence Association
- MAJGEN Rob Roy MacKenzie, Chief of Reserves & Employer Support, Canada
- BRIG Simon Johnstone, Director General Military Strategic Effects
- Mr Andrew Crisp, Victorian Emergency Management Commissioner
- MAJGEN David Thomae AM, Commander 2nd Division
- MAJGEN Wade Stothart, Head People Capability
- MAJGEN Doug Laidlaw, Head Joint Services Support Division
- CDRE Eric Young CSC, Director General Navy People
- BRIG Michael Bond CSC and Bar, Director General Reserves – Army
- AIRCDRE Tony Hindmarsh CSC, Director General Workforce Design and Reserves – Air Force (TBC)
- MAJGEN Greg Melick, AO RFD FANZCN SC, National President RSL