2022 DRA Annual Conference - Melbourne
"Calling out the ADF Reserves - the need for balance and future sustainability"
0830 hrs – 1730 hrs Saturday 3 September 2022
At Hyatt Place Melbourne - Essendon Fields Located at: 1 English Street, Essendon Fields, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3041
After two years of operating online DRA Victoria is pleased to welcome back our colleagues both local and
interstate at the above venue. Although there will be an online link for those that cannot attend in person,
we want to encourage everyone to join us for both the conference and the dinner that evening.
• What does ADF Reserve service look like post the enactment of the Defence Legislation Amendment (Enhancement of the Defence Force Response to Emergencies) Act 2020 that replaced ‘continuous full-time Service’ with ‘service for the period(s) covered by the call out order’.
• Are there more Reservists rendering service for domestic contingencies?
• Are we de-skilling or misusing our Reservists to compensate for shortfalls in resources and equipment for State emergency services, and the management of multi-jurisdictional tasks?
• What are the lessons learnt from an ADF Reserves perspective from recent domestic operations?
Everyone with an interest in the Australia Defence Force and the critical roles that Reserves perform is
encouraged to attend. This year’s conference will be conducted with a nationwide audience and speaker panel.
An outstanding panel of uniformed and other expert speakers is being assembled for the occasion with
presentations being simultaneously broadcast and recorded for those not personally in attendance. Speakers will include:
• A Government Defence speaker
• An Opposition Defence speaker
• Senior Officers of the Australian Defence Force
• Leading commentators on Defence matters.
Please set the date aside in order to be a part of this important event and participate in the Q and A
sessions that are a regular feature.
A dinner and guest speaker will follow the conference in the evening.
Cost: Early-bird pricing (for bookings before 1 August)
• Conference $85.00 (includes lunch and morning tea)
• Dinner $80.00 Conference & Dinner $165.00
Post Early-bird pricing (for bookings after 31 July)
• Conference $100.00 (includes lunch and morning tea)
• Dinner $95.00 Conference & Dinner $180.00
Bookings and payment will be online via Eventbrite.
Further details regarding speakers, accommodation and other information will be distributed as they are confirmed.